Tuesday 11 May 2010

Vital stats

Okay the official count is in.

My total ride time was 55 hrs 33 mins for a distance of 909 miles. That’s an average trip speed of 16.2mph.

My fastest day was Shrewsbury to Preston ridden at an average speed of 17.7 mph. Had it not been for the endless traffic lights and roundabouts through Warrington and Wigan this day would have been much faster.

My slowest day was Dornoch to John O'Groats, into a vicious headwind and with a buckled back wheel and only one working brake, at an average of 14.2 mph.

My fastest speed was 49.5mph, along the A3075 south of Newquay – a hill I’d recommend for anyone looking for a cheap thrill!

According to mapmyride.com I burnt 45000 calories (which may explain why I spent so much on food!).

Altogether the 'holiday' came to over £700 including £350 on petrol. My poor credit card!

No comments:

Post a Comment