Thursday 15 April 2010

Good eating = enjoyable riding

Fueled by today's mountain of food I rode an easy 20 miles this evening and feel good for it. My legs still feel a little dead (there's no zing left!) but it was good to get out in the sunshine. I rode straight from work to Clanage Road and a killer hill called Rownham Hill, which led me to the gates Ashton Court. I continued down through Abbots Leigh and towards Easton in Gordano (just before the M5). Then I turned left and headed for a quiet uphill lane back to Bristol. It was a much gentler way to go than my usual lung-buster back home. Plus it was quiet enough to record a quick video.



From there I came into the back of Long Ashton and rode up Providence Lane, which is another lung buster, before coasting home. It wasn't a particularly fast ride (16.4mph) but I guess I just wasn't in the mood for hard riding. I did enjoy myself though - it's so nice to be riding in the sunshine, even if it was getting a bit chilly. Hope this weather lasts for LE-JOG.

Tune of the day: Autumn Afternoon by The Crocketts. Some songs from your youth grow old, others remain timeless...

No comments:

Post a Comment