Wednesday 14 April 2010

Food fight

How can I cycle 80+ miles on the weekend but feel so dead on the 3 miles home from work?

I thought about going for a ride this evening but after slowly crawling uphill all the way home I thought I should stay in and eat. It was a mental battle to not go and exercise but I thought it best to let myself recover (I think I'm still getting over the stag do.)

I cooked la puttanesca pasta sauce (anchovies, olives, courgette, capers and tomatoes) and ate a double portion (200g) of pasta, followed by a whole Easter egg and the remainder of my Cadbury's Creme Egg ice-cream. I am definitely no longer hungry!

Also tonight I watched the last episode of The Man Who Cycled The Americas and I'm currently reading The Man Who Cycled The World. Really inspiring stuff. I'm already thinking about adventures after LE-JOG...

3 comments:

  1. Good suggestion Pete, except I feel a bit gluttonous. Two tuna sandwiches (four pieces of bread), an apple, a banana, a cereal bar, a few biscuits and a piece of cake is my normal workday consumption.

    Saying that, today I had two pieces of cake and felt good on my evening ride so I guess you're right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched Mark's programme too, and am also reading his book. I went one step further and bought tickets for the tour as well! He really is an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete