Saturday 6 February 2010

The green, green grass of home

Home for my first 23 years was South Wales. The Vale of Glamorgan until I was 18, followed by Swansea for another five years. I think the countryside of the Vale is pretty unique. Rolling hills, woods, green fields. Coming back five years later it was great to ride through lanes and along roads I'd only travelled along in a car.

As a teenager I didn't do much riding further than a 10 mile circuit from my house. This weekend I went home and got the chance to get out on my bike. I rode from Penarth in a 31 mile ride to pick up a car at the Coed y Mwstwr hotel near Bridgend. The route went through the lanes between Dinas Powys and Wenvoe then crossed the A48 to Welsh St Donats.



The ride itself was at a fairly slow pace but it was a decent hill workout and a good chance to get out in the sunshine. 31 miles with hopefully more to follow tomorrow. Next time I write I'll also mention details of my GPS investigations and my Cancer Research page...

No comments:

Post a Comment