Saturday 13 March 2010

Two's company

So there was a last minute change of plans this morning. 60 lumpy miles to Cheltenham became a relatively flat 50 to Chepstow.

It was a lovely sunny ride with my friend Pete. He's just bought a new Bianchi C2C and wanted to put it through its paces. For someone new to road cycling Pete's a strong cyclist and good to ride with. Every time I thought I'd pushed him a bit too far he'd come storming back and offer to take the lead, which certainly helped in the headwind on the way home.

Riding with someone else made the time pass really quickly. We spent about half the ride at a pace where we could talk. It wasn't the hardest of rides although I guess it shouldn't always be about high average speeds.

With the company and thought of a big night in Cheltenham later tonight I suggested that we stop at Coffee #1 in Chepstow for erm... coffee. But the lure of their huge plates of apple pie and cream was too much to resist. It felt a bit wrong eating so much after only 25 miles but (after the initial sicky feeling) I feel good now. I'm not too hungry and not too tired so this new heavy eating regime might be the way to go.

So I'll have a quite a few beers tonight, a Mother's Day meal tomorrow lunchtime, and then try and make it out for a few miles tomorrow afternoon. That'll be three consecutive days of riding, albeit at about 1/3rd of the LEJoG daily distance...

No comments:

Post a Comment