Friday 12 March 2010

Late winter weather is very hard to judge

Today (Friday March 12) is five days after the half marathon. I think I finally stopped aching on Thursday. I did some gentle miles on the static bike at the gym on Tuesday and Thursday and rode 29 miles after work this evening. The first 20 miles were great until I hit the wall big time on the way home. It was as if all of a sudden the food in my stomach just evaporated. I struggled home very slowly over the last ten miles, getting very cold in the process.

After 15 miles I was planning to write about how much I enjoyed riding in the warmer, lighter evenings after work. After 25 those thoughts evaporated. Note to self: eat more and realise that it's not even spring yet.

Tomorrow I've got a 60 mile ride ahead of me before a night out in Cheltenham so I think it'll be an early Friday night. Maybe a cheeky bottle of red wine will be alright though...

No comments:

Post a Comment